Office Manager for homeless shelter and permanent supportive housing
My Place Home For The Homeless
Buffalo New York
Salary: Neg Per Hour
- Answer incoming calls and
emails and facilitate appropriate team members.
- Coordinate and schedule
meetings for staff.
- Collaborate with Housing
Advocate, Case Manager, and Resident Aide serving as backup, particularly
administrative support in case management.
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute
mail, including travel to Post Office, scanning of documents, and storing
of digital and physical files.
- Assist client intake;
responsible for ensuring all incoming/outgoing communications and
information is accurate and logged, and all documents received (as
- Assist customers with document
scanning and uploading their documents (if needed).
- Assist both Shelter and Apartment Teams with special projects, as needed.
- Provide administrative support
to the Shelter Team and the Apartment Management Team, including physical
and digital file management, data entry, and customer triage.
- Bookkeeping for all expenses
and invoicing various funding entities, tracking revenue and expenditure.
- Recording and documenting all
receipts, bills, and client paperwork to ensure timely invoicing and
- Maintain up-to-date customer files & complete data entry for reporting in accounting programs, including MS Excel, Google Sheets, Wave App, and other databases.
Specific functions and duties
- Respond to
telephone/email/mail/in person inquiries about products and services.
Provide routine information about the Shelter and Apartments to members of
the public contacting our office requesting general information.
- Serve as first line of billing
and revenue activities, preparing notices of outstanding invoices, making
weekly, monthly reports for Program Director and Executive Director.
Conducting necessary phone calls and email communications to vendors and
funders to ensure financial operational accuracy.
- Process and complete all
necessary paperwork related to client data for agency records.
- Organize and maintain accurate
files in conjunction with Housing Advocate and Case Manager of client
information and program services delivery. Setting up files, including
creating file labels, and updating file labels and indexes.
- Assist in assuring completeness
and accuracy of documentation of intakes, case notes, client interactions,
and any other client-related data on a timely basis. As well as assisting
in the preparation of reports using the collected data.
- Assist in the scheduling and
coordination of client appointments and Office calendar management.
- Assist with the development of
marketing materials and marketing of the services, including sending
letters, brochures, and other materials, digital and physical.
- Assist with volunteer, intern,
and non-employee members of our staff/team management; serving as a POC to
facilitate directives and duties assigned.
- Type reports, memos,
correspondence, etc. and proofread them for grammatical and typographical
- Monitor and serve as POC for
procurement agent of agency of office supplies, food pantry, clothing
pantry and other needs.
- Manage food pantry and clothing
pantry inventory and database with the assistance of Program Coordinator.
- Operate standard office
machines, including computers, copier, fax machines, and postage machines.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, preparing for, and coordinating community events.
- Represent My Place Home for the
Homeless, Inc. in a manner that will foster the best possible
relationships with potential customers, community partners, and other
- Manage data quality for new and
prospective clients; responsible for ensuring all communications and
information is accurate and logged, and all documents received.
- Accomplishes all other duties
and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Exercises sound judgment,
maintains confidentiality, and follows policy and procedure.
- Other responsibilities or
special projects as requested.
- Willingness to flex time around
the needs of the Office.
- Must be able to regard all
client information as confidential.
- Would benefit from having valid
state driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Attentive to detail and good
- Willingness and desire for continued professional development and further development of duties and responsibilities in service to the organization and the clients that we serve.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in
- Office management experience.
- Excellent computer skills,
including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Has passion for excellence in
customer service; excels in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Highly developed analytical
skills, used to identify patterns and discrepancies in data and process
- Strong organizational and
highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation
necessary and a valid ID is encouraged.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus (but not required).
Posted Date: 27 Jan 2024
Location: Buffalo New York
Salary: Neg Per Hour
Apply By: 11 Feb 2024
Pastor Reginald E Kerr who after retiring thirty-seven and a half years from Dunlop Tires (Tonawanda NY) and serving faithfully for almost 20 years ministering to inmates at the Gowanda, Attica, and Collins correctional facilities decided to start his own Church (Temple of Christ) in 2005.
Name: My Place Home For The Homeless